Each book page has three parts under the standard header (for more information on the standard header see On Every Page): the index card at the top; the contents list in the main pane, and navigation links on the left.
At the top: the index card
The grey index card at the top of the pane contains all you need to know about the OWC -- who wrote it, what it is about (in the form of a short prose abstract), and bibliographic information.
- On the right of the index card you may find a link off to find out more about the author.
In the middle: the contents list
- Click on a chapter title to go to that chapter.
- Click on [+] symbols to show all the front and end Matter (for example prefaces, and indexes.)
On the left: the navigation links
All the boxes on the left help you find exactly what you want -- either inside this OWC, on the OWC site, or elsewhere.
- Use the Search within box to run a quick search through the contents on the OWC you are looking at.
- Subject(s) in OWCs Online shows how we have classified this OWC; click on a heading to see all the OWCs in that subject.
- Between the header and the index card, at the right of the screen, is a set of icons that are a toolkit for using the book.
- Print shows you a print-friendly version of the book page.
- Save enables you to save the book to your personal profile (see Personalization.)
- Cite opens a pop up window that gives you a simple but accurate citation form that you can use to refer to this content (following an OUP standard based on Hart's Rules), and enables you to export bibliographic data in .ris format if you are using citation management software.
- Share lets you post a link to a social service such as Twitter or Facebook - click on the button to reveal all supported services.