This legal notice is specific to this website ("Website") and overrides any other legal notices appearing elsewhere on Oxford University Press websites.By using the Website, you are agreeing to the practices set out in this statement.
You may access certain parts of the Website without registering or providing OUP with your details.
As the information on the Website may be incomplete, out of date or inaccurate and may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, Oxford University Press ("OUP", "we", "us" or "our") reserve the right to update the Website at our sole discretion. Thus, such information may be changed or updated without notice.
We reserve the right to make changes to this legal notice. Any changes we may make to this legal notice will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, we will also notify you by e-mail. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
Usernames and Passwords
Where you have registered on the Website and have been provided with a username and password, you agree not to make available your username and/or password to anyone. If there has been a disclosure of your username and/or password, you agree to notify us promptly of such disclosure so that OUP can take appropriate security measures and to provide you with a new username and password.
Under the licence to access restricted content on the Website accepted by a subscriber (which may be you as an individual or an institution to which you are affiliated) you are permitted to:
- search, view, retrieve, and display portions of restricted content
- electronically save portions of restricted content; and/or
- print out single copies of portions of restricted content
in each case, subject to any specific restrictions which appear on particular pages of the Website. Under the licence accepted by the subscriber, you may not:
- remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear on the Website;
- systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of restricted content for any purpose except as permitted by law or as authorised by OUP;
- display or distribute any restricted content on any electronic network, including without limitation on the Internet and the World Wide Web (other than the institution’s secure network, where the subscriber is an institution);
- permit anyone to access or use restricted content (other than other users authorised by the institution, where the subscriber is an institution); and/or
- use any content on the Website whether restricted content or otherwise for any commercial use.
If you sign up to receive newsletters or subscribe to our web feed you may only use the material sent to you for non-commercial use. You may not:
- remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the material sent to you;
- systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the material for any purpose except as permitted by law or as authorised by OUP;
- display or distribute any part of the material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web;
- permit anyone to access or use the material; and/or
- use all or any part of the material for any commercial use.
Your card will be automatically charged each month until you cancel your subscription.
Intellectual Property Rights
We and/or our licensors are the owners of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and the Website and the materials on the Website are protected by intellectual property laws around the world including copyright and trade mark laws. Subject to the terms of this legal notice and any other licence agreements between you and OUP, all such rights are reserved and no materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without our prior written permission. OUP, Oxford and/or any other names of products or services provided by Oxford University Press and referred to on the Website are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Oxford University Press.